It’s time for summer block parties!
Block parties are a time-honoured way of getting to know your neighbours. From knowing who you can borrow a cup of sugar from, to letting us know who belongs to which neighbour’s yard, community cohesion builds safety.
I support anyone who wants to organize a block party in the River Heights – Fort Garry Ward by providing a Per Capita Grant to help out and cover the cost of any permit fees from the City. You can close down your street for one heck of a party!
Please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send you the application.
Everything you need in one place: City of Winnipeg Block Party How-To 2022
10 Great Reasons to Host a Block Party
- Helps us feel safe by knowing who lives around us
- Promotes interaction between neighbours of all ages
- Increases a sense of belonging to the community
- Provides an opportunity to know your neighbours better
- Encourages neighbours to look after each other and the neighbourhood
- Connects long-time and new neighbours and teaches about neighbourhood history
- Builds stronger communities which have the power to make a difference
- Animates open spaces for social gathers and safe, active play
- Boosts our health when we feel welcomed and included
- It’s fun!!