Preliminary 2022 City of Winnipeg Balanced Budget Update to be Tabled on November 26, 2021
Friday November 26, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. the preliminary 2022 Operating and Capital budgets for the City of Winnipeg will be tabled at a special meeting of the Executive Policy Committee (EPC).
After the EPC tables the budgets on November 26, 2021, the schedule of public meetings to hear delegations and consider the preliminary 2022 Operating and Capital budgets include:
Monday, November 29, 2021 – 5pm
• Standing Policy Committee on Innovation and Economic Development (Special Meeting)
Tuesday, November 30, 2021 – 5pm
• Standing Policy Committee on Property Development Heritage Downtown Development (Special Meeting)
Friday, December 3, 2021 – 9:30 am
• Winnipeg Police Board (Regular Meeting)
Saturday, December 4, 2021 – 9:30am
• Standing Policy Committee on Infrastructure Renewal and Public Works (Special Meeting)
Monday, December 6, 2021 – 2:30pm
• Water and Waste, Riverbank Management and the Environment (Special Meeting)
Tuesday, December 7 – 2:30pm
• Protection, Community Services and Parks (Special Meeting)
Friday, December 10, 2021 – 9:30am
• EPC to hear public delegations on budgets (Special Meeting)
Tuesday, December 14, 2021 – 9:30am
• EPC to table final recommendations (Special Meeting)
Wednesday, December 15, 2021 – 9:30am
• Council to consider budget (Special Meeting)
The public engagement and other information about the 2022 Balanced Budget Update can be accessed at: winnipeg.ca/Budget2022.
The City of Winnipeg conducts an annual Citizen Survey. The complete results of the 2021 Citizen Survey can be reviewed here: https://winnipeg.ca/cao/pdfs/2021CitizenSurvey.pdf.
In addition to these survey results being used to inform budget decisions, they are also used to prepare the City of Winnipeg’s Community Trends and Performance Report. This annual report is prepared early in the budget process to provide broad demographic as well as performance data to facilitate decision making and to provide context to the city budgeting process. It includes the City of Winnipeg’s Organizational Balanced Scorecard as well as a host of organizational performance measurements. The 2022 Community Trends and Performance Report can be accessed here: https://winnipeg.ca/cao/pdfs/CommunityTrendsandPerformanceReportVolume1_2022.pdf.
For those who would like to register as a delegate, they can contact City Clerk’s by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-986-8665, and must register by 4:30 p.m. the day prior to the meeting. Once registered, delegates will be provided with the information required to participate.
Residents are encouraged to check the Council and Committees Schedule of Meetings on the City’s website. If there are any changes to the scheduled times, they will be communicated at: https://www.winnipeg.ca/clerks/council/meetings.stm.