- This event has passed.
Legends of Pride
2022-05-30 @ 12:00 pm – 2022-06-03 @ 1:00 pm
Rainbow Resource Centre’s Over the Rainbow (55+ program) presents Legends of Pride. This five-day virtual series celebrates Manitoba’s diverse 2SLGBTQ+ community.
May 30 | Phil Graham
May 31 | Syndee Thibert
June 1 | Barbara Bruce, O.M.
June 2 | Shandi Strong
June 3 | Allen Morrison
Events begin daily at noon CDT on Zoom. Register online for this free series of events. Donations accepted to support the Resource Rainbow Centre.
Learn more about the history, current state, and future of Manitoba’s 2SLGBTQ+ community. Topics include:
- Discussion about the early days of Manitoba’s gay rights movement from the award-winning activist who first organized the community in the 1970s;
- Perspective on living and ageing out and proud in religious, rural/small town Manitoba, and the work of Dykes on Bikes to create community on the open road;
- Two-Spirit perspective from an award-activist who has worked with the Two Spirit and LGBT Indigenous community for decades;
- Inspiring story of the first transgender person to run for an elected seat in Western Canada; and,
- Perspective of the owner of one of Canada’s last and longest-open, queer-owned and operated gay bars, Winnipeg’s Club 200.
For questions, please contact Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org.