We are using this space to share activities you can safely do in your own home or while following physical distancing guidelines, as recommended by Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living.
- This event has passed.
Fall Giveaway Weekend Sept 11 & 12
2021-09-11 – 2021-09-12
Giveaway Weekend returns September 11 and 12
Find a new owner for those reusable, unwanted items in good condition taking up space, or browse the curbs for some great finds.
Tips if you are giving away items
- Place unwanted household items at the curb on your front street
- Label each item with a FREE sticker or sign
- Store items out of sight that you don’t want to give away
- Remove leftover items from the curb by dusk on Sunday
Examples of giveaway items include:
- Books, CDs, and DVDs
- Furniture, electronics, and small appliances
- Sports equipment and toys
- Yard and gardening tools and equipment (e.g., lawn mowers, snow blowers, rakes, and shovels)
- Kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots, and pans
- Unwanted gifts
- Construction material (e.g., nails, paint, and wood)
Please do not put out:
- Items that could be unsafe
- Items infested with bed bugs (e.g., mattresses, furniture, and bedding)
- Toilets (with a flush volume of 13 litres or more)
Tips if you are cruising the curbs looking for treasures
- Take only the items at the curb marked “FREE”
- Check all items closely to ensure they are safe and in good condition before you put them in your vehicle or bring them into your home
- Don’t walk or drive on private lawns or gardens
- Don’t discard any items on private property
- Obey the traffic laws at all times (e.g., don’t block traffic, park illegally, or block driveways with your vehicle), drive safely, and watch out for children
For more information, including what to do with leftover items, contact 311 or visit winnipeg.ca/giveawayweekend.