How we can contribute to making Winnipeg streets safer for all road users? The city is facilitating a series of discussions on the Road Safety Strategic Action Plan, which – once complete – will help guide the City’s efforts in preventing serious injury and death on our roads by recommending both solutions for short-term implementation and requirements for long-term investment.
Your perceptions of road safety, about your experiences as a pedestrian, cyclist, or motorist, and how we can improve the safety of Winnipeg roads are wanted. These comments will help shape a draft action plan for further public input.
At this time, there are offering four different ways to get involved:
Provide feedback online: Residents are invited to complete an online survey, and also to identify what they feel are the most dangerous roads and intersections in Winnipeg.
Virtual Engagement Sessions: These sessions allow residents to learn more about the development of the strategic action plan, ask questions, and answer some of our questions live.
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Register online
- Thursday, September 24, 2020, 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. Register online
Talk Road Safety: Residents can join us at one of four pop-up locations to tell us why road safety matters to them and – at locations marked with an asterisk (*) – get a bike tune up from the WRENCH.
- Saturday, September 5, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Bronx Park Farmers’ Market – 720 Henderson Hwy.
- Wednesday, September 9, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Broadway Neighbourhood Centre – 185 Young St.
- Friday, September 11, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Powers Park Plaza – Powers Street at Selkirk Ave.
- Tuesday, September 15, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m at Barbara Mitchell Resource Centre – 51 Morrow Ave
Public Health measures will be adhered to at all pop-up events. Gatherings will be limited to 50 people at a time, and appropriate social distance will be maintained. Participants must self-screen prior to attending, stay home if ill, and wash or sanitize hands prior to handling materials.
For more information, please visit winnipeg.ca/roadsafetyplan.